Dippy Eggs

Some favorites foods do not have a RECIPE -  just simple instructions instead.

My favorite, quick, protein and nutrition packed food is eggs.

We are fortunate to have hens in our backyard. You can not beat the freshness of a "home grown" egg!

With that being said, we have had many times over the years that our chickens were not producing - or we didn't have laying hens at all - and in those times, we bought eggs from the store. So - even though my personal opinion is that fresh eggs are best, you use what ever is available to you with no guilt. It is what it is!

Dippy Eggs Like Grandma Made
Heat a small skillet and add a little butter or oil to the bottom of the pan. Crack eggs into heated skillet. Reduce heat and simmer gently until clear egg whites turn opaque white. Gently flip eggs over. After 30 seconds or so, remove eggs from the pan. Walla! Dippy eggs. (Over medium)
Serve with toast.

My Grandma used to make these for us when we stayed at her house over night. They were my favorite. Through the years, along comes popular "food safety" and freaks me out about eating eggs that are not fully cooked. Add to that the high cholesterol advisers convincing me that eating eggs will cause me to have high cholesterol. I almost entirely stopped eating eggs for a season of my life. I ate "low fat" cereal instead...

Can I just say, that I am much more satisfied and eat less during the day if I have eggs instead of cereal? I'll just stop at that point.

I eat eggs again AND I eat DIPPY EGGS again. And I enjoy them. I hope you can too. If you do not like the raw yolks, just cook the eggs a little bit longer! Another minute on the stove top and you have the equivalent of a hard boiled egg in your pan. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I am not a professional cook. I don't do things in my kitchen professionally or maybe even "correctly". I do them the way it works for me and if I learn tips and tricks along the way, I add to my knowledge and skill bank. You can search for YouTube tutorials how to cook an egg...and you will find "the right way to cook and egg." I'm simply sharing how my Grandma made them - and how I make them.



Comments

Popular Posts