Baked Corn

 Ingredients
1 can creamed corn
1 can kernel corn
1 cup sour cream
1 box Jiffy Corn Bread mix*
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup butter, melted
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Mix all ingredients together and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until set in the center.

This is a family favorite for the holidays! If I am making dinner for Thanksgiving or Christmas, this would be on our table. It's so simple and delicious!

*Available at Walmart.com if you don't have it locally.
*Here is a link to a Copycat recipe - I haven't tried yet - but it would be worth experimenting with if you do not have Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix available to you.

Recipe Note:
I made this in a 8 inch round casserole dish, so it took longer to bake all the way through the center.
When I first got it out of the oven, it was not completely set in the center - and was wet when I inserted a knife in the center. I had to bake it longer than I was expecting. Figure a longer baking time if your casserole dish is smaller and deeper. If you put this in a 9 x 13" cake pan or a pan that allows the mixture to spread out more, it will bake thoroughly in less time.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts