Baked Rice

Ingredients:
2 cups rice*
4 cups water (or broth)
2 Tbsp. butter
Salt to taste
Foil or lid to cover while baking

What you will do:
Grease the bottom of your baking dish. Pour rice into the bottom of dish. Pour water or broth over top of rice. Dot with butter. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to incorporate salt and pepper. Cover baking dish with foil or a lid.

Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour*. If you double this recipe or if you use brown rice instead of white rice, you will need to bake it longer.


Variation for a larger group or to have extra for your family

 Ingredients:
4 cups brown rice
8 cups chicken broth or water (chicken or turkey broth gives incredible flavor to bland rice!)
2 Tbsp. butter (I omit if I use broth)
Salt to taste (Omit if you use broth and it is salted)
Foil or lid to cover while baking.

What you will do:
Grease the bottom of a 9 x 13" baking dish.
This will be full!
Pour rice into the bottom of dish.
Pour broth (or water) over top of rice.
Dot with butter. Season with salt and pepper.
Stir to incorporate salt and pepper.
Cover baking dish with foil or a lid.

Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2  hour.
Mine was soft at 1 hour and 15 minutes, but the moisture was not absorbed so I baked it another 15 minutes.






I remember when my mom (my stepmom) made rice like this using turkey broth. I can't say that I recall my mom (Betty) ever making rice, so I wasn't used to eating it. Made this way, it was a winner and I love it! 

I have made rice like this ever since I began cooking on my own. I don't have to watch it on the stove and it is sooo easy!

I hope you enjoy it!


Comments

  1. what kind of rice do you use -white or brown ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have done both but prefer brown for the nutrition content. The photos show it with brown rice.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts