Grandma Weaver's Macaroni Salad

Ingredients:
1 lb. dry macaroni, cooked and drained, per package directions
1 1/2 cup sugar (this is very sweet - decrease sugar to meet your family's taste preference)
2 Tbsp. vinegar
1 onion, chopped
1 cup celery, finely chopped 
3 hard boiled eggs
1 cup mayo
2 Tbsp. mustard
1 tsp. salt

Cook macaroni as instructed on package. Drain and cool. Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
Refrigerate. 

Macaroni salad is a unique "salad". It is definitely not in the healthy salad category...but this dish often accompanied that amazing Chicken BBQ that I wrote about a few days ago. This is not standard food on my table - but it is standard food at picnics and Chicken BBQ fundraiser meals locally!

My Grandma Weaver taught me how to make this in her kitchen. When I raised money to go on a mission trip to Kenya at age 19, we made many batches of this salad and sold meals paired with my Uncle Warren's Chicken BBQ. Good memories and an awesome fundraiser.
My cookbook copy


Comments

Popular Posts