Time for bed

I tend to be distractable.  When I get started on something I enjoy, I have a hard time stopping. 

But, I am tired.  And I need my sleep.  I did my "Frustrating Five", so my house is not too far from being "company ready".   My frustrating five is simply this:  Each day I write down five things that are frustrating me around the house and get my timer out.  Starting at the top of the list, I set my timer for five minutes and attack that one area.  Timer beeps - next on the list.  5 minutes.  Timer beeps. Next, and next, and next, until all five have been tended to.  Now with kids interrupting, I don't usually manage 25 minutes straight.  It might take me an hour.  I might find that once I get started on something that I thought would take forever, 5 minutes just gets me started, and I actually want to finish! 

For you born organized people, you can just ignore this post - because by now, you must think I am crazy.  I really am VERY distractable, very paralyzed by "insurmountable" tasks (that often end up only taking me 5 - 10 minutes of FOCUSED time).

So, what will be my frustrating five for the morning?

Let's see.

My island (still has canning jars and stuff to do applesauce on it),
My living room (needs a little tidying up)
My kitchen counter (a few things to put away, since I love when my counters are cleared of clutter)
My pile of stuff on my bedroom floor
My stack of bills to pay.

There you go.

And, I can't forget my Fun Five!

Options:
Make another apple pie
Light a candle
Drink my coffee
Go to Planet Fitness or take Madison for a walk
Enjoy my chickens
Go to a Halloween Porch Party

GO TO BED! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts