Silence is Loud

Written during a recent visit to the grave of my parents.


Setting: New Holland Cementary



Weaver



I brushed away the cut grass

on the cold rough stone



and listened.



Silence is loud



Daddy! Mommy!



I want to shout!



23 years of my life - lived with out you.



Today, I had some time -

to go to coffee with someone-



and I thought of you, Mom

I want to have coffee with you-



The windmill is blowing-

a steady breeze must keep it moving.



The clouds lay close to the earth-



How many of my friends, at age 33, can look at a tombstone,

with both of their parents

dates of death completed?



A part of me was buried when you died.



"Seeds die child.

But with gentle nurture-

and time - they burst forth from the earth."



For the display of His splendor!



The leaves on the trees are dying and will fall to the ground-

but they display His splendor in their colorful hues.

Scarlet red, Golden Rod yellow

Blazing orange.



It's cold.



My coffee's gone.



Silence has gotten louder.



I guess I need to go someplace quiet to think...



.

Comments

Popular Posts