Going Back to the Point of Failure

Going back to your point of failure – to the place the locusts have eaten, and replanting. Taking the risk to replant where there has been destruction. Where effort has been put forth and the enemy has devoured and taken away.

I want to run. Satan has been trying to prevent me from being victorious in this area of my life, because he knows that as soon as I run 1 mile, I will go two. As soon as I can run 2 miles, I will go three. And then I will be ready to run in my first 5k race. I have always told myself that I could not and would never do that. I repent of my lack of faith and for making agreements with the enemy.

My body was made for more activity! My body was made to move! I have been tricked and lied to. I can remember unpleasant experiences, running at Hinkletown Mennonite School. It was at this school that we first had to run a mile in gym class. And this became the dreaded “mile”. I hated it. I felt horrible after running it. I felt sick.

This negative experience with physical exercise carried on into high school. Insecurity – not fitting in compounded the effect of poor performance in gym class.

I wish I would have fought harder for my needs as a teenager. I just gave up, and gave in. Fate? There was a time when I longed to be more active. I wanted to be better at running. Cross country running went better than running around the track. I remember practicing softball at home. I felt like I was pretty good. I wanted to be on the softball team in middle school, but it didn’t happen.

What would have happened if I would have had a role model who modeled physical fitness for me and encouraged me?

 Jon Gordon says in his book Soup,  "She reasoned that the people we meet and the relationships we develop have the biggest influence on the course of our lives.  It was a lesson she wanted to impart to her kids and anyone who would listen: The world is a mosaic of people and opportunities, and when you make relationships your priority, the possibilities are endless. Great relationships lead to great outcomes. Develop as many great relationships as possible. Make time for them. Nurture them. Engage them. Not just at work but at home. In your community. On airplanes. At the ball field. Everywhere. You never know where your next idea, opportunity, or life-changing moment will come from or which relationship will be behind it.”
I could be a different person.

If I could have caught the vision for being fit and active instead of the view of excersize as a dread.

Comments

  1. So you gonna run a 5k with me in the spring? I wanted to do one this fall, but I wasn't ready, and life itself felt like a marathon.

    I had similar negative experiences in P.E. class, except at GMS. By the time I got to LMH, I hated athletics with a passion. I knew how to make myself feel sick on gym days. My P.E. grade always dragged down my GPA (well, math helped that, too!) but I didn't care, which only reinforced my bad experiences.

    I started jogging as a stress reliever and a feel-better-after-baby-number-four...and now I am hooked :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that would be my desire! Now for the victory!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts