Pie, anyone?


I had to try a little design!

Yesterday: a tiring, but very satisfying day.

I spent most of the day in the kitchen, one of my favorite places in all the world.

It was rainy and gloomy outside, but quite toasty in my cozy kitchen.  I made some applesauce, with the help of my kids and I couldn't resist trying a pie.  I had a little help (o.k. a lot of help) from a refrigerated pie crust that was on hand (it was supposed to be a pumpkin pie a few weeks ago....sigh).


I snitzed the apples (got that from my Grandma =) and added sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch.  After it set for a bit (that sounds a bit Dutchy, don't it? For those of you who do not know me as well, I was born and raised in Lancaster County aka "Lankister Kaunty".   I guess you can't take the "Kaunty" out of the girl now can you? As I was saying, after it set for a bit, the apples formed a delicious juice.  In they went to the crust, and another crust topped it.  I just could not put that pie in the oven with out doing SOMETHING to the blank canvas of a crust. 

Can you see why I didn't get all my applesauce made in one day?  I'm ok with that.  Maybe I will save them for another rainy day next week and repeat the process.  Pie anyone?

My applesauce helper.

The apples -  awesome flavor!

Mary Jane got up at 6:00 today - and enjoyed a treat!

My breakfast - I know, not too healthy, but mmmmm....




Comments

Popular Posts