God was watching....when we weren't

I picked up Corina and James at school and headed out to 322 to stop by Glenwood Foods. 2 yard sales caught our eye - one on both sides of the road. We stopped and walked to the first on, then getting ready to cross 322, we waited and waited and waited. I made them hold my hands because this was rush hour, on Friday, and there was not much of a break in traffic. We seriously had to wait some time before it was safe to cross.




We finally got across and started browsing a nice selection of items. I had my hands full and was almost ready to purchase my items when a car stopped right in front of the yard sale and started beeping his horn - obviously at us - but we had no idea why - until he opened his car door and pointed wildly to a small child in the middle of the right side of the road - opposing traffic had not stopped yet, as I ran out and grabbed the child.



I handed him to the lady that was taking care of the yard sale - and asked where he came from because I hadn't seen any children as we were browsing - it happened to be her nephew and the children must have been around the back of the house playing! She said he lives on a farm and away from the road - so he really had no idea what he was doing! He was only about 1 - 1/2 year old.



I was a bit shaken up - but very sure that God was watching over that child as he stepped into rush hour traffic on Route 322 between Hinkletown bridge and Hinkletown Mennonite Church.

Comments

Popular Posts