Very Nature

And if our God is for us, than who could ever stop us?  And if our God is with us, that what could stand against us?

Allan preached about the storms of life.  We have authority to tell them to "Be still."

I think I need to tell my mind to be still!  I have SO many things running through my mind, I need to FOCUS!  And if you know me well, you know I struggle in that area!  I CONSTANTLY HAVE NEW IDEAS!  But the problem with me is that I might start off on one of my new creative ideas, and leave another idea half finished! 

So, (head hanging here) I admit, I am a poor finisher!  Ugh.  I don't like to admit that, but I sure do like new starts, new beginnings, fresh ideas.

Maybe that is why God is tearing down the old to make way for the new.  In Elijah House, we are learning to take everything to the cross.  The bad and the good.  So, as a confession, I am bringing all my "good" ideas to the cross today.  Every last "ministry" opportunity.  Every last writing idea.  Every last book I would love to read.  Every last animal I would love to raise.  Every last baked yummy treat I would like to bake.  Every last recipe I would like to try.  Every last person I want to pray for.  Every last person who has a need.  All of it.  To the cross.

Who I am -  Who am I?  The daughter of the King.  I am royalty.  I have been reminded, in Phillipians 2 -

Jesus, He was in VERY NATURE, God.
He MADE HIMSELF NOTHING, taking the VERY NATURE of a SERVANT.

I have been reminded of who I am in Christ.  I am a princess - the daughter of a King.  Royalty.  Though I have the very nature of royalty, I am choosing today, to make myself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, like Christ did.

Camoflauge.  A King in hiding.  He never stopped being King. He never stopped being God.  But he was made into the appearance of a man.  And he humbled himself.  And he was obedient - even to death on the cross.

So, though I am rich in every way, I am choosing to surrender "my" stuff, "my" life, "my" family.  For the sake of my King.  You know - that Servant and King - this is MY GOD!

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanda,

    I love this! By the way, it is not uncomon for burden bearers to have difficulty letting go of their burdens. It is also often difficult to differentiate between what are our "personal" burdens and what burdens we just pick up from the atmosphere around us.

    The Father is making of you a lovely garden. I am so glad He has opened your garden gate so that I may to enter in.

    Blessings!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts