Basement Air Band


Well what do you know - I was just treated to a mini-concert in my very own unfinished basement, with my very own unpolished kids!

Picture this - I am sitting on an old lawn chair, one that has its webbing coming apart, wondering if I am going to fall through any moment.  Brian is standing by, cup of coffee in his hands.

A mish mash of wooden skids are laying side by side to create the stage.  Old kitchen table leafs provide a ramp to roll up onto stage. 

Mary Jane guides the show as the lead vocalist. James, the drummer, sits behind his sisters, with a chinese chop stick in one hand and a pencil in the other, thunking a slightly off beat on empty cat litter boxes.  Corina, the guitarist, enthusiastically strums away on her tennis raquet guitar, belting out background vocals that threaten to overpower the lead vocalist.  Madison, in bare feet, mimics her big sister, and strums away on an old blue axe handle guitar.

They are all jamming to a new Pure Energy CD - the song selection:  Rainbows in the Sky, Creep Creep Creep (Let your Light Shine), Supernatural and Super Hero.

Ya know - the best things in life are truly free!  I love to watch the incredible creativity our children exhibit!  I am amazed!  They are already planning more "practices" for their day off school tomorrow.

I have grand plans....it's very tempting to go out and buy them a real drum set, a play guitar and a microphone for Christmas.  But, I don't think so.  When I tell them stories of my fondest memories of childhood, it is not of the toys I played with, but what we created out of nothing.  Or how we improvised what we had, used our imagination and "Wa - la!" came up with just what we needed at just the right time!

Let the imaginations run wild!  And beware of the little girl with the blue axe guitar!

Comments

  1. I absolutely love it! They are actually very good. God inhabits the praises of His people. With a worhsip team in the family, you should be good to go!

    "Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks."

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is awesome! Love seeing them work together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts