Covered with feathers?

I have always been fascinated by the way a mother hen protects her chicks.  I have not seen it often, but when I was able to witness a hen and her chicks, she protectively gathered them beneath her wings.


At the threat of danger, her feathers on her neck rise, similar to the way a cat's hair stands on end when he is not happy.  Anyone getting near her chicks would clearly have to contend with her!


In my kitchen, I have the inscription on the wall, in large letters, a prayer from the verse  "Hide us under your wings, Lord."  That is my life's prayer.  In essence, my prayer of blessing and intercession for me and my family - "Keep us close to you Jesus.  Protect us.  Keep us safe and warm next to you. Watch over us as we grow and learn new things."

Someday, I want to find a good snap shot of a hen with her chicks.  Unfortunately artificially incubating chicks doesn't come with the same mother hen! Be encouraged - God watches over you with great care!

Comments

  1. I am excited for you Wanda. I know the need to write has been burning in you for a while and I think this is a great way to start.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts