Tingling all over....

Yesterday, I decided to take my prescription Niaspan, in the morning, instead of at bedtime, like instructed.   I tend to forget it at night, but since I have other vitamins and such that I take in the morning, I thought I would have a better chance remembering to take it, if I took it with my other pills.
If you don't know, Niaspan is for high cholesterol - a delayed release form of Niacin.  Wendy has taken full strength niacin and told me she got beet red as a result of the expected side effects of flushing.  The type I was prescribed is delayed release - and if you take it at bedtime, the flushing would hit during the night.

I had taken it several times before bed and never noticed side effects - absolutely nothing!  Soooo... I figured, maybe I won't have the flushing at all with the delayed release stuff.   I thought I would chance it and see if I could take it during the day.

I took it before going to church and forgot all about it.  I was cleaning up the dishes from lunch, washing dishes in hot soapy water and I started feeling tingling in my arms - I got a little worried - hoping I wasn't having a heart attack or something....I just felt weird.  I finished the dishes and laid down on the sofa and I started getting really hot.  It felt like I was in a 90 degree room - but our airconditioner was functioning properly - keeping an even 75.  It felt like I had been out in the sun and gotten sunburned.....

And then I realized what was happening!  I was experiencing flushing from the Niaspan, 4 hours later!  Thankfully I realized what was going on.  I told Brian what I was feeling - the tingling and all.  I didn't know it, but James must have heard me.  As I headed into the bathroom to look at my face and see if I was turning red, James stopped me in the hallway.

"Mommy, I know why you are tingling."  I didn't catch what he said right away. I asked him to repeat himself.  With a huge smile, he gently said, "I know why you are tingling - it's because of God's presence."  So I said, "Yes, that does happen to me - does that happen to you too?"  "Yes, sometimes when I am reading in my bed."  "Wow, that is cool, isn't it?"  "Yep" and off he went.

And I went back to the sofa and laid down.

How cool is that.  Yes, I know the flushing was causing me to experience tingling this time.  But many times I have experienced the presence of God with a tingling sensation - I just didn't know my kids experienced it too.

More of Jesus!  And no more Niaspan in the morning!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts