Relationships that matter

Yesterday Allan talked about relationships that matter.  One of those relationships that I have is with my Grandma Weaver.  She has always been supportive of me.  I talked to Deb Weinhold on Friday night - and she was talking about bonding - some of her children are adopted - the ones that came to them later in life had a difficult time bonding to them - and trusting them.  One adopted son, they got as a baby - he has had no attachment problems!  She proceeded to say that she has a special bond with Shiloh - her little grandson - because when his mama was deathly ill, she became his caregiver - she made a special point to help him be secure and become bonded to her - who was providing care for him.  Today, he still has a difficult time distinguishing between her as Mom, or Grandma - now that Davina, his mom is better and a part of his life again.

I had to think - I guess that is kind of what happened with my grandma and us kids - she was the one steady and consistent person in our life all the years mom was sick - when mom was in and out of the hospital - we were often at Grandma's house.  I have just as many memories of time at Grandma's house as I do of time at our own home.  And I have a special bond with my grandma.

I guess that is why it is so hard for me to let her go.  She is not feeling well - she has been declining in health for the past year - it was Easter Sunday last year that I spent in the hospital with her - thinking she was dying.  Now this morning my aunt Velma called to let me know that Grandma is not feeling well.  She is just getting weaker - she thought I'd like to know.

It has been hard for me to balance my life of 4 kids and a husband and still get visits in to these special people in my life.  I am frustrated this morning because one of my kids are home not feeling well.  So - that limits me from picking up and going there right now.  

God's grace is sufficient for me - his power is made perfect in my weakness.  I am asking for his wisdom and that he will make his power perfect in my weakness. 

Comments

  1. I know...my grandma is 94 and now that we don't live just up the road I don't see her but 3 times a year. I'm just always conscious of not bringing germs (and somebody is always sick it seems!) and so on. thanks for the reminder that I need to plan a time to go visit!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts