Running

This morning I ran on my treadmill - or should I say, ran/walked 3 miles.  I did it in 48 minutes.....

In April it will be one year since Brian ran his first 5k in New Holland - and I am planning to enter this "race" this year.  It is incredibly intimidating to me.  The slowest people finished in 45 minutes last year.....

Am I willing to do this, even if I am the last person to come across the finish line?

I am pondering this question - which failure do I want to experience - I have an option - Do I want to experience the "failure" of coming in last place in a race?  Or the failure of not even trying?  The failure of not even attempting to accomplish a dream that I have? 

So what if I am the last person to cross the finish line, and it takes me 60 minutes to run/walk 3.1 miles?  Does it really matter?  I want the success of crossing the finish line.  Even if it takes me 60 minutes and I am the last person.  That would not be failure.  Failure would be this mindset - "I know I will be one of the last and most inexperienced runners, therefore, I am not going to even try!"

Set me free from this limited way of thinking Lord!  Freedom!  I love how I feel after I run.  Yes, it is hard work running, especially toward the end.  But I am aiming for freedom.  And most of all, I want to set an example for my children - the way Brian has set an example for me - hard work, determination - doing what you don't want to do in order to get where you really want to be.

I listen to the treadmill morning after morning, as Brian plugs away running (while I sleep).

Consistent dedication.  Victory!  Change!  Breakthrough!

James running 1/4 mile fun run
Madison running 1/4 mile fun run

Brian finishing 4 mile race
 Finish Line!

Comments

  1. It's better to try and "fail" than to never try at all...(goes for running and other things, too)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts