Devastation


"Do not be dismayed..." Oh, God, forgive me for being dismayed. My heart is wrenching for my precious little girl Corina, who just started second grade. She walked into school beaming - so thrilled!


Now there is discussion - she is behind her classmates - which I knew, but maybe too far behind. Behind enough to warrant pulling her out of second grade and starting over in first grade.


I had a pit in my stomach all day. I couldn't shake my feelings. First, my shame of not doing a "good enough" job to keep her at grade level. Second, her "shame" of going back a grade - when school has already begun.


Oh, Jesus, we need you to intervene. Please guide us. Help Corina to learn quickly, or to be ok with going back to first grade. I pray against the spirit of accusation - the lies that the enemy wishes us to believe. Reveal the lies, Lord, so that I will not cave under them, defeating myself with the lies of the enemy.


Charlies Capps says that when we speak these things, these lies, we are cursing ourselves. God, I declare that you are sovereign. I was obedient to you in bringing the children home to homeschool last year. I was investing in their emotional banks. Like Sharon Eshleman said, I have a deposit in them. I will not let anyone make me feel bad for homeschooling. I will also not feel guilty for not providing a structured education. The truth is that my family was together, forming family bonds, that will continue from this day forward. Corina can learn to read. Corina can learn to add and subtract. She belongs in our family. We have a bond that noone can take away from us.

I will support Corina wherever she needs to be to get a good education. I will not be ashamed or embarassed by her - or by me, if she needs more help than can be given to her in second grade.
Lord, make the way clear. Show us your path for this precious, tender hearted little girl. She is so sensitive. We want what is truly best for her. We are trusting you - and I AM NOT DISMAYED. I am NOT ASHAMED!
"I am not dismayed, OH NO, I am not ashamed, huh uh, cause I'm walkin' in faith and victory, yes, I'm walkin' in faith and victory, cause the Lord, my God, is with me."
Be bold. Be strong, for the Lord you God is with you. BE BOLD! BE STRONG! For the Lord your God is with you. I am not afraid, oh, no, I am not ashamed!"

Comments

Popular Posts